2017 TO THE POINTE NUTCRACKER INFORMATION
Nutcracker Photography Information
Wendy Winquest Photography will be offering individual and group dance portraits on Sunday, December 10th during rehearsal. We have one package available for purchase. The amount is $55.
- Package Includes:
- (1) 8x10
- (2) 5x7
- (8) wallets
- (1) Group Photo (if group is available)
If your child has more than one dance you can purchase additional packages for $25 each. Please attach additional dance envelopes (one for each costume).
After purchase of package, additional prints are available:
(1) 8x10 or (2) 5x7 or (8) wallets at the price of $15 each.
Order envelopes are available at the sign up desk. Please clearly fill out all information on envelopes and insert cash or check for the total amount. Please fill out an envelope for each costume. Your pictures will be available for pick up after January 15 at the studio.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at (661) 477-7157 or wendywinquest.com.
Looking forward to photographing your child.
Important Nutcracker Notes
Pre-Order Tickets: $18
Tickets at the Door: $20
Children 6 & under: $10
Children 2 & Under: Free (they need to have a physical ticket if they would like a seat)
Dress Rehearsal is at the studio on December 10th
*Please arrive 20 minutes prior to rehearsal or photography
*Please arrive 20 minutes prior to rehearsal or picture time to put costume on.
December 14th Tech Rehearsal
Set up time: 2-4. We need volunteers so please sign up online thru our sign up genius
Call time for Act I: 3:00pm
Start Time for Act I: 4:00pm
Call time for Act II: 4:30pm
Start Time for Act II: 5:30pm
NEW INFO: We will not need Angels and Baby Angels at this rehearsal.
December 15th DRESS REHEARSAL
Call Time for Act I: 2:30pm
Start Time for Act I: 3:30pm
Call Time for Act II: 5:00pm
Bows with entire Cast: 5:30pm
Start Time Act II: 6:00pm
All Dancers must stay till the end of their act for notes except for Angels and Baby Angels. The Angels and Baby Angels will be dismissed after they rehearse.
Please note that the Call Time is 30-60 minutes prior to Start Time for Tech and Dress Rehearsal.
It is absolutely mandatory to attend dress and tech rehearsal. This is to ensure each dancer and parent become familiar with the venue and how the showcase will function.
Tech rehearsal will be a rehearsal with no costumes to go over spacing in the theatre. All dancers should have their hair in a slicked bun, black leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes. Angels and baby Angles may wear any type of ballet clothes.
Dress rehearsal will run exactly the same as the show with minor notes given after every performance.
Please wear full makeup, hair and costume during dress rehearsal.
We invite all dancers to watch and enjoy the dress rehearsal this day as opposed to the day of the Showcase.
Saturday, December 16th
9:00-12:00 Extra Rehearsal if needed
12:00-1:00 Ballet Bar for levels III+-VI
Doors Open: 1:00am
House Opens: 1:30am
Show Starts: 2:00pm
Saturday, December 16th
Doors Open 6:00pm
House Opens: 6:30
Show Starts: 7:00pm
- There will be a mandatory grand finale bow that all dancers must attend. Awards, recognition, and gifts will be passed out at this finale so please do not miss it.
- Dancers must arrive an hour before show time with full hair and makeup already done.
- Performers and dancers will not be allowed to sit in the audience to watch this show.
- If you need more tickets than the tickets included in the showcase packages you can purchase them at at the box office the day of the event for $20. Anyone that has not picked up nutcracker package tickets you can pick them up at Will Call.
- The box office will be open 1 hour prior to each show time in order to purchase tickets.
- There is no reserved seating other than our sponsorship raffle winners and staff. It will be on a first come first serve basis.
- We will be selling tiaras, ornaments, flowers, DVDs, and water.
SUPERVISION and Rules
- Under the safety rules of West Ranch High School we are required to provide 1 chaperone per 10 dancers.
- Chaperones of the event will be required to wear a badge. Pick up at check in/check out table.
- No Dream Duffels please.
- Absolutely 100% NO EATING IN COSTUME!
- Only PARENT VOLUNTEERS backstage.
- Dancers will be dismissed from the check-in/check-out table.
- Only water and non messy snacks please.
- Only crayons or colored pencils for the littles please ( no markers!)
- Please do not put parent volunteers in the awkward position of asking them to bend the rules! (Like can I just give my daughter this hamburger even though she is in costume – yes, that happened last year
- Students are not allowed to leave backstage in costume. All costumes must stay at theatre.
- Please let all your children know they are not to leave the premises at any time unless supervised. This includes teenagers.
- We are still need lots of help. Please sign up thru our Sign Up Genius